At IU, how do I report a suspected information or information technology (IT) security issue?
The University Information Policy Office (UIPO) at Indiana University, along with the University Information Security Office (UISO), assists in responding to and investigating incidents related to misuse or abuse of IU information and information technology resources. This includes computer and network security breaches, and unauthorized disclosure, exposure, or modification of institutional data or personal information. To report suspected security breaches:
- IT incidents involving threats to personal safety or physical property, or illegal activities
- Immediately contact your campus police department.
- A security incident concerning a computer hosting sensitive institutional or personal data
- Follow the instructions on the Protect IU:
Reporting Security Incidents page.
- Non-emergency reports of information and IT security or abuse incidents
- Send mail to