About Guest accounts
For those with no formal relationship with Indiana University, Guest accounts provide limited access to certain needed online applications and services, for a specific purpose. The amount of access is determined by the particular application. Guest accounts may be removed if the account has not been used in more than a year, or upon request.
This type of Guest account is entirely separate from any other type of IU account.
To create a Guest account at Indiana University:
- Go to the Account Management Service at: https://itaccounts.iu.edu/
IU Guest Accounts, and then click
create IU Guest account.
- Enter your email address in the appropriate field.
Note: For all Guest accounts, the full email address provided (e.g.,
firstname.lastname@example.org) is the account's username. You must enter the full address when asked for a username to successfully authenticate to the online applications and services of the university.
- Enter your name in the appropriate fields; enter and verify your
IU Guest account password. Click
- The AMS will send an activation message to the email address you
provided. To open the page that will activate your account, click
the link in the message.
- On the "Activate your IU Guest Account" page, enter your
username (i.e., the entire email address you provided) and confirmation code.