ARCHIVED: Getting a Guest account
To create a Guest account at Indiana University:
- Go to the Account Management Service at: https://itaccounts.iu.edu/
IU Guest Accounts, and then click
create IU Guest account.
- Enter your email address in the appropriate field.
Note: For all Guest accounts, the full email address provided (e.g.,
firstname.lastname@example.org) is the account's username. You must enter the full address when asked for a username to successfully authenticate to the online applications and services of the university.
- Enter your name in the appropriate fields; enter and verify your
IU Guest account password. Click
- The AMS will send an activation message to the email address you
provided. To open the page that will activate your account, click
the link in the message.
- On the "Activate your IU Guest Account" page, enter your
username (i.e., the entire email address you provided) and confirmation code.
Note: IU Guest accounts do not have access to all the services offered by UITS or the university. Among the services not available to Guest accounts are IUware (software available for download), email (including IU Webmail), and access to computers in IU Student Technology Centers.
Note: Guest accounts will not allow authentication to ITHelpLive, but Guest account users may use all other support options described in How do I contact the Support Center at each IU campus for help?