Personal discounts through AT&TIndiana University has an agreement with AT&T to provide discounted personal cellular services to students, faculty, and staff.
- Indiana University students receive an 8% discount, and IU
employees receive a 14% discount. These apply to both monthly calling
plans and data plans. All employees who receive a pay advice from the
university are eligible for the higher discount; this includes
part-time employees, both student and non-student. Use discount code
FAN #96047 for students, and FAN #2024517 for faculty and staff.
- The original iPhone (released June 2007) is
ineligible for monthly service, device, and accessory discounts. This
restriction applies only to the original iPhone; all other AT&T
devices and services are eligible.
- The iPhone 3G is eligible for monthly service discounts, but not
eligible for device or accessory discounts. It is available only at
corporately owned AT&T retail locations. For store locations, see
For discounted rates with AT&T, how do I set up a new plan or move an existing one?, or use the AT&T Store
- Discounts are not available on either prepaid plans or existing
rate plans of $19.99 or less. A new account must be at least $39.99 to
qualify for the discount.
- Family plans are eligible for discounts only if the person using
the main line is a university student or employee,
and only the main line is eligible for the discount. For employee
discounts, the billing account must be under the employee's name.
- You will have access to abbreviated dialing codes from your cell
phone to both your local campus police department and to the
UITS Support Center, with no airtime charged (unless you
are roaming, or calling long distance from areas where AT&T
does not provide direct coverage).
- Students will be billed directly through AT&T; your monthly
invoice may not be sent through the bursar's office.
- AT&T subscribers on the IU discount plan gain access to a
special Business End User Care support hotline (800-331-0500),
available 24 hours a day, with greatly reduced hold times for support.
- To add the discount to an existing AT&T account, submit the enrollment form, and wait for an email to arrive in
your IU account. When the message arrives from AT&T, click
Validate Now, and select the appropriate group. The discount will start showing up on your bill in one to two billing periods.
- To verify that the discount is on your account, look in the "Credits, Adjustments and Other Charges" section for "National Account Discount".
To initiate service with AT&T, see For discounted rates with AT&T, how do I set up a new plan or move an existing one?
For questions regarding billing or service, or for problems with your equipment, you can dial 611 from your AT&T phone. Alternatively, phone AT&T Customer Care at 800-331-0500, or visit your local AT&T store; see AT&T Store Locator.
Note: For information about IU's corporate cellular policy, see Corporate cellular device service at IU.