At IU, how can I access my transcript?
Note: If you are no longer a student at Indiana University, first see Former student access to bills, transcripts, and other university information
On this page:
- Obtaining an unofficial copy of your transcript
- Obtaining an official transcript
Obtaining an unofficial copy of your transcript
An unofficial transcript, available to you in One for up to five years after you are no longer enrolled, is designed to show information identical to your official transcript. Term and cumulative IU GPA statistics are based on university-wide rules (for example, all X grades are honored for exclusion from the GPA, and all coursework and grades are included even if repeated).
- On the next page, from the drop-down menus, select your campus or
program and the type of report you want (i.e., select
Unofficial/Cur Enrl/All Careerto include your current classes in the transcript, or select
Unofficial/All Careerto leave them out).
At the end of the transcript, you will also see the Student Program GPA summary. These statistics are calculated according to the rules of your current program (e.g., whether courses may be repeated for credit). Certain courses may be designated with a note indicating the course was repeated or an equivalent course was later completed. Courses with this note are excluded from the Student Program GPA calculation.
Obtaining an official transcript
Your official transcript is available through the Office of the Registrar; see Transcripts. You can also order a copy of your official transcript online through eTranscript Request.
The eTranscript Request service allows students to request official transcripts through One. It uses secure credit card purchasing from Nelnet Business Solutions. The eTranscript Request service is available Monday-Saturday 6am-5am, and Sunday 8am-12am.
Purchasing a transcript through eTranscript Request
To purchase a transcript through eTranscript Request:
eTranscript Request Servicepage will display. Read the instructions, check
I agree to the terms above, and then click
Note: If you have a hold on your record, you will see an alert. You will need to complete the directions in the "More Information" section before you can continue.
- On the
Requestpage, select the transcript type from the drop-down menu.
- Select or enter the address to which you want the transcript sent,
and choose your delivery option.
- If you would like your transcript to be signed and sealed, select
Signed and sealed.
Note: All transcripts that are produced are official and bear the registrar's signature and the university seal. When official transcripts are mailed by the student, however, some agencies or institutions may require additional security, instructing that each transcript be placed in a separate envelope and sealed with the registrar's signature and the university seal affixed to the back of the envelope. If you need this additional service, select
Signed and sealedfor each recipient.
- To add an additional recipient to your order, click
- You may select an option from the "Special Instructions" area:
- If you have any degrees "in review", you can specify that the transcript should only be released after the degree is awarded.
- If you want the request to be held until a grade change occurs, you must select the institution and term as well as the class for which you are awaiting the change.
- If you request that the transcript request be held until grades are awarded for a particular term, eTranscript Request will check to see if you were enrolled for the prior term or are currently enrolled, and verify that some of the grades have not yet been awarded. If all grades have been awarded or you were not enrolled in the prior term or currently enrolled, this option will not appear.
- If any special instructions are selected, the transcript request will be held and evaluated daily until the necessary data is on the record. Then, the transcripts will be printed automatically at a predetermined time.
continueto review your order. Click
Edit Requestto change any information.
- When you are satisfied with your order, click
Pay With Credit Cardto arrange payment. You will be relocated to the Nelnet Commerce Manager Payer system.
- Even if your transcript request is being held, you will pay immediately. If there is a hold on your record when the transcript is ready to be printed, the Office of the Registrar will refund your credit card.
- Your credit card information will be stored and processed on the Nelnet server. IU will not keep the credit card numbers on our servers.
- After you have entered your credit card information, you will
see a confirmation page. Click
Confirmif the information is correct or click
Editto change it.
Processingpage will display, followed by a
Receiptpage with a confirmation number. eTranscript Request will also send a receipt to your IU email address.
Once Nelnet has charged your credit card, if you have placed no holds on your order (e.g., grade changed, degree awarded), the order will be processed and your transcript printed. If you do have holds, your card will be charged and the transcript held until they are satisfied.
Note: If you have a hold on your account that prevents the release of transcripts, you must clear this or your order will be cancelled and your credit card refunded.
Reviewing the status of your eTranscript orders
You can use this service to see your prior eTranscript Requests.
After you have completed a request, on the confirmation page, click
Review Prior Orders. Alternatively, from One, click the
Official transcript icon to access the "Welcome" page and
review prior orders.
If you have questions about your orders, contact the Office of the Registrar on your campus; see How do I contact the Office of the Registrar at each IU campus? Refer to the "Order ID" or "Confirmation Number" from your receipt.