IUB Technology Center Consulting job opportunities
On this page:
- Consultant job description
- Apply online
- Policy notice
- Employee handbook
Consultant job description
Technology Center Consultants are hired for both their customer service skills and their computer knowledge. Consultants work in a team setting where a proactive customer service attitude is paramount. Consultants are not required to live in campus housing.
Technology Center Consulting (TCC) will provide orientation and training, after which specific responsibilities will include:
- Providing direct assistance to campus housing residents in getting their personally owned computers connected to the campus network via the data jacks
- Providing consulting in Student Technology Centers (STCs) and Residential Technology Centers (RTCs) for a variety of software
- Assisting residents with network connections
- Monitoring conditions of all lab equipment and supplies during assigned shifts
- Answering customer questions regarding hardware, software, and supplies
- Maintaining a positive customer service attitude and a desire to help others
- Reading email that pertains to TCC at least once every 24 hours
- Attending all scheduled meetings
- One year of prior work experience in a customer service position
- Proactive customer service attitude
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Professional attitude and demeanor
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Computing skills across Windows and Mac platforms, including operating systems, networking, and applications, are preferred. Training will be provided.
- Ability to work a minimum of 12 hours per week
- IU student enrolled in 6 or more credit hours, or currently enrolled Ivy Tech student
Consultants are assigned shifts at the beginning of each semester, based on consultant availability. Technology Center Consulting is open to customers 24 hours a day, 7 days a week; therefore, a wide variety of shifts are available, along with an easy process to find substitutions for unforeseen exceptions.
New consultants are paid $8 per hour during the first semester of employment. After successfully completing the first semester of employment, consultants are eligible for a pay raise.
TCC also hires for Federal Work-Study positions.
Apply by completing the Consultant Application form.
Notice: Indiana University is an Equal Opportunity/Equal Access/Affirmative Action institution. IU intends to maintain an alcohol- and drug-free workplace and to comply with the Drug Free Workplace Act of 1988 and its amendments. To that end, all employees must comply with the university's Substance Free Workplace policy. Policy statements and crime and fire statistics for Indiana University campuses are available at Annual Security & Fire Safety Reports.
For more, see the IUB TCC Handbook.