IUB STC summer upgrade schedule 2013
Beginning in May 2013, all Student Technology Centers (STCs) and Residential Technology Centers (RTCs) at Indiana University Bloomington will undergo software upgrades. For the most current information about site availability during the summer, see the STC Schedule of Reservations.
Prior to the indicated upgrade period, each STC and RTC will have the same software configuration as during fall 2012 and spring 2013. After these upgrades are completed, the software in these locations will include programs that will be in place through fall 2013 and spring 2014. Software upgrades will include:
- All Macintosh workstations are to be upgraded to Mac OS X 10.8.x (Mountain Lion).
- All Windows workstations will continue to run 64-bit Windows 7.
- All Windows workstations will continue to offer Microsoft Office 2010.
- All STC/RTC workstations will continue to offer Adobe Creative Suite 6.
- You may submit your software requests using the Software Request Form.
- If you will be requesting new (or upgrading current) software in
the STCs for the 2013-14 academic year, but also need the software to
be available in all STC locations throughout summer 2013, in your
request, be sure to select
Summer 2013as the academic year. This will ensure that your software will be available in the 2012-13 academic year beginning in May, and in the 2013-14 academic year beginning in August. Be sure to submit such summer requests at your earliest convenience.
These upgrades will require each STC and RTC to be closed at some time during the summer. Most closings will be for one to three days, depending on the extent of the upgrade. Whenever possible, upgrade schedules for buildings with multiple STCs will be staggered so that at least one STC will remain open at all times. Some STC and RTC locations will be closed for construction/renovation for the duration of summer 2013:
- Business 101, 415, and 417
- Wells Library 502, 503: closed for Freshman Orientation
- Forest Center Building 147 and 243
- Forest Gresham 102A
For the calendar of summer 2013 STC and RTC upgrades, see the Student Technology Centers Calendar.
If you anticipate a scheduling conflict based on the calendar above,
consult the STC
Schedule of Reservations to determine if such a conflict
exists. To ensure a timely resolution, refer known scheduling
conflicts as soon as possible to
scheduling conflict during summer 2013 in the subject line.
For more about the UITS STCs, including site locations,
hours, printing practices, and available software and hardware, see Student Technology
Centers. For questions about the upgrades, email
summer 2013 upgrade schedule in the subject line.