Completed project: Go.IU
Primary UITS contact: Manjit Trehan
Completed: January 3, 2013
Description: Go.IU (http://go.iu.edu/) is a URL shortening service for Indiana University web site owners who need to use short URLs in electronic, print, and other communications. Unlike other URL shortening services, Go.IU is behind CAS authentication and aims to provide useful statistics, URL history, QR codes, and permanent URLs. Go.IU will only accept IU domain URLs (iu.edu, indiana.edu,iupui.edu, etc.).
Outcome: A URL shortening service with web service capabilities, statistics, QR codes, Campaign Management dashboard, and other features, enabling the IU community to share URLs in print, email, Twitter, blogs, and other communication methods
Milestones and status:
- Go.IU Web service created and documented Completed
- Terms of agreement added to test site Completed
- Short URLs with URL parameters Completed
Comment process: Send email to
Related information: See the Go.IU Twitter page at http://twitter.com/goiuedu.
- Go.IU is behind CAS.
- The Go.IU service carries the IU brand.
- Short URLs never expire.
- Go.IU will be available as a contribution via the Kuali project.
- Project Lead/Developer: Manjit Trehan, Enterprise Software, WebTech Services
Governance: Web Standards Committee review