How do I set up and use IUanyWare on a computer or laptop?
For smartphone or tablet instructions, see How do I set up and run IUanyWare applications on my mobile device?
On your desktop or laptop, IUanyWare is available at https://iuanyware.iu.edu; to avoid
misleading warning messages, be sure to use the
prefix for a secure connection.
Log into IUanyWare with your IU Network ID. The first time you do so, you will be prompted to install the necessary Citrix receiver; for instructions, see How do I install the Citrix Receiver for IUanyWare?
IUanyWare offers two file storage options:
- Local file storage available on your client device
- Cloud storage available from your IUanyWare session; for information and setup instructions, see What is IU Cloud Storage and how can I use it?
Note: Do not store files in IUanyWare; you can instead use the Cloud Storage service.
- Log into IUanyWare from any on- or off-campus location to access a
broad range of general-purpose and discipline-specific applications.
These will appear as icons inside folders organized by category; for
instance, you will find Microsoft Word 2010 under
Office Toolsand then
Microsoft Office 2010.
- Click an icon to run the virtualized application.
- When you've finished with the application, you can close it
- When you're finished with IUanyWare, especially if you're on a
public computer (e.g., in an STC), click
Log Offand close your browser as well.
Students: In order to ensure optimum performance, your IUanyWare profile is reset at the end of each academic year (between summer and fall); for details, see About the IUanyWare student user profile reset.