Project: Early Alert System for SIS
Primary UITS contact: Sandy Thompson
Last update: July 3, 2012
Description: The project is being initiated to facilitate student retention and success. There are multiple components of this project:
- Within the core SIS: a student performance roster where faculty track/evaluate individual student progress in a class, a student view of the performance roster, and enhancements to student planner and advisor functionality
- Within the SIS J2EE environment: a new Advising Records (AdRex) front-end and Advisor Appointment Scheduling system, both of which will integrate with core SIS functionality, as well as a student survey tool
Significant decision support work will be done in conjunction with the overall project, but it should be tracked separately.
Milestones and status:
- SIS Student performance roster Completed April 26, 2012
- SIS enhancements to student planner and advisor functionality:
- Basic Planner enhancements: Moved into production December 3, 2011
- My Advisee enhancements: Moved into production January 19, 2012
- Integrated Planner enhancement: Moved into production June 21, 2012 (a couple of missed requirements will be delivered in August 2012)
- AdRex (Advising Records front-end): Design/analysis/coding in progress; target production date is September 2012
- Advisor Appointment Scheduling: Requirement gathering in progress; production date TBD
Benefits: Ability to assess pre- and post-admission academic risk for purposes of student retention and success
Related information: See IU Early Alert System.
Primary client: Students, advisors, faculty
Client impact: Better student retention
Project team: IU FLAGS Early Alert Steering Committee, University Student Services and Systems (USSS), functional subject matter experts/analysts, UITS ES-ESS (Student Records) technical staff
Governance: The Enterprise Student Systems Executive Committee (ESSEC) is the governing body determining priority of requests. Functional representation is directed by USSS. The ES-ESS (Student Records) development manager will be responsible for technical implementation.