About UITSUniversity Information Technology Services (UITS) at Indiana University develops and maintains a modern information technology environment throughout the university in support of IU's vision for excellence in research, teaching, outreach, and lifelong learning.
UITS provides tools and services to support the academic and administrative work of the university, including a high-speed campus network with wireless access, central web hosting, a rich selection of free and low-cost software for personal use, tools and support for instruction and research, and supercomputers for data analysis and visualization.
All areas of UITS work together to support IU in its use of information technology, earning IU a place in Computerworld's 100 Best Places to Work in IT 2010 and 2011.
UITS reports to the Office of the Vice President for Information Technology (OVPIT), which provides leadership for the continued development of information technology at IU. Bradley C. Wheeler, PhD, is Vice President for Information Technology and Chief Information Officer (CIO), and Laurie G. Antolovic' is Deputy CIO and Finance Officer.
- Research Technologies
- Systems and services in support of leading
- Learning Technologies
- Technology in teaching and learning
- Client Services and Support
- Support services for students, faculty, and
staff; licensing agreements
- Enterprise Software
- Vendor products, proprietary systems, community
- Advanced networking engineering services, international
- Enterprise Infrastructure
- Management of infrastructure for university services and software applications
Regional campus IT offices
- IUPU Columbus Office of Information Technology
- IU East Information Technology
- IU Kokomo Information Technology
- IU Northwest Office of Information Technology
- IU South Bend UITS
- IU Southeast Technology Services
Office of the Vice President for Information Technology units also serving UITS
Office of the Vice President for Information Technology and Chief Information Officer
- Public Safety and Institutional Assurance
Deputy CIO and Finance Officer
Applied Technologies Laboratory
Human Resources Office
- Pervasive Technology Institute