Computing policies at IU
The following is a small selection of content from Indiana University's Knowledge Base. For more, search the full Knowledge Base.
On this page:
Account use policies
- Account availability and eligibility
- About sponsoring a computing account for an IU affiliate
- Your responsibilities as a computer user at IU
- Are there restrictions on how I may use my IU computing accounts?
- About UITS computing account termination
- About username changes
- About computing accounts for IUB and IUPUI student organizations
UITS system usage policies
- How to avoid copyright law infringement with digital media
- At IU, can I play games on UITS computers?
- IU's policy on using information technology resources for commercial advertisements
- IU's policy on using computing resources for political campaigns
- Policies regarding UITS research systems
- Policies for personal web pages
- Software requests
- Tips for avoiding getting in trouble with email
- IU's mass mailing policy
- What is Indiana University's policy on chain mail?
- IU's policy on surveys via email
- What to do about harassing email
- Measures used by IU to reduce spam and virus-infected email
- How to respond to spam
- Information about official communications from the university to students
UITS Student Technology Centers/Residential Technology Centers policies
- Who may use the IUPUI STCs
- Guidelines for use of the STCs
- At IUB, in the STCs and RTCs, what is the lost-and-found policy?
- At IUPUI, in the UITS STCs, what is the lost-and-found policy?
- Printing long jobs
- About conference use of the STCs
- Wireless networking in IUB and IUPUI campus housing
- In IUB and IUPUI campus housing, may I connect multiple computers to the campus network?
- What is the policy for making copies of UITS publications?
- What is the UITS policy on wireless networking?
- Disposing of old hardware
- Corporate cellular device service at IU
- At IUB, where can I purchase and eat food or drink in the Wells Library?
- What is IU policy on "warez" and software piracy?