IUB Center for Innovative Teaching and LearningThe Center for Innovative Teaching and Learning (CITL) provides instructional support for instructors of all levels at IU Bloomington, from individual consultations with teachers to support for high-profile educational initiatives that impact the entire campus.
The CITL is a partnership of the Office of the Vice Provost for Undergraduate Education and University Information Technology Services. By bringing together a wide range of instructional consultants, the CITL offers a comprehensive approach to supporting teaching at IUB, providing both "one-stop shopping" and a more collaborative and dynamic way of addressing complex teaching issues.
- Assists faculty and graduate students in and out of the classroom with the development, implementation, and evaluation of teaching, technology, and course innovations
- Offers specialized workshops and grants related to course design and the implementation of active learning strategies
- Provides assistance in exploring and integrating technologies into university teaching and learning
- Serves both as a working environment and a contact area for faculty, instructors, and campus instructional technology providers in the design, development, implementation, and assessment of teaching and learning materials for both classroom and distributed education
- Provides consultation to faculty members and graduate students on the use of writing in classes
- Conducts research into the efficacy of writing instruction
- Operates Writing Tutorial Services (WTS), which offers guidance to students at all stages of the writing process
- Assists in connecting community engagement with course-based learning, coordinating service-learning and community-based research for the Bloomington campus in cooperation with school-based and co-curricular initiatives