Serving Indiana University and beyond
Enterprise Systems creates, maintains, and supports large-scale software applications and services, sites, tools, and their underlying infrastructure. These are available to the entire Indiana University community, including all campuses and roles (faculty, staff, students, and the public).
Enterprise Systems supports Indiana University’s essential business operations. Its portfolio includes over 400 applications and integrations ranging from CrimsonCard to Indiana University’s Constituent Relationship Manager; from student, financial, and Human Resources systems to Indiana University’s design system; from email to the Indiana University Mobile App and more.
Teams within Enterprise Systems
Areas of focus
Enterprise Systems’ priorities drive goals and outcomes:
- Develop workforce, with a focus on diversification
- Standardize and automate widely used processes, technologies, and infrastructure
- Develop a standard for collecting system and feature metrics
- Retire duplicative services and eliminate technical debt
- Plan for future needs, researching solutions in the marketplace
Some of these priorities needed additional attention and resources. Four task forces create roadmaps and recommendations in support of Enterprise Systems’ strategic plans. These task forces are devoted to diversity in the workforce, student internship opportunities, cloud opportunities, and metrics strategy.