You might think of eTexts as facsimiles of paper textbooks. At IU, they represent multiple forms of digital learning materials that enhance both traditional and flipped classroom environments.
What is Unizin Engage
IU eTexts are powered by the Unizin Engage e-reading platform, which integrates with the Canvas learning management system to provide access to course materials via any device. Additional benefits include:
- Immediate availability of all course materials
- Access to all eTexts for the duration of a student’s enrollment
- On-demand printing options
- Real-time learner analytics
- Instructor contextual guidance through annotations
- Collaborative tools that turn passive reading into an active process
Knowing the objectives
In 2010, IU launched the eTexts initiative as a pilot program with four objectives:
- Driving down costs of digital materials for students
- Giving faculty access to high-quality materials of choice
- Developing new tools for teaching and learning
- Shaping the terms of eTexts models
We used your IP address to guess your location. If we got it wrong, please change your campus here for local results.