Finance Office


Making travel requests and arrangements through the university

Need help?
Email us for additional assistance with travel arrangements.

Kuali Travel Expense Module (TEM)

Kuali TEM helps faculty and staff make travel arrangements. The program allows travelers and/or arrangers to make the following requests:

  • Travel authorizations
  • Prepayments
  • In-state reimbursements
  • Out-of-state reimbursements
  • Supplements for additional expenses

TEM should be used for all employee travel requests.

Non-employee travel

Do you need to make travel accommodations for a non-IU employee? The first step is submitting a non-IU employee travel request. Once the requesting IU employee receives approval via email, he or she can begin making travel arrangements. Use the non-employee travel checklist to ensure all requirements are met. 

For more, see Travel Management Service's non-IU employee travel guide.

Travel reimbursement

IU employees

Travel reimbursement requests have a 60-day submission deadline and should be submitted as soon as possible. A one-time courtesy for late submissions may be granted with a written appeal. Requests made past the 120-day deadline will not be reimbursed.

Submit appeal »

Non-IU employees

The following are required to complete a disbursement voucher for a traveler not employed by Indiana University:

  • All original receipts
  • W-9 form
 or W8BEN form
 (for US citizens)
  • Copy of I-94 and tax cover sheet (for non-resident aliens)
  • Payee certification
  • Name of employer
  • Service performed
  • Dates and times of travel
  • Meals provided by outside source (for per diem purposes)
  • Address for reimbursement to be mailed