The starting point to the tools and resources that IU's IT Pros use most.
Registered IT Pros have access to shared files, discussion forums, and other support content at Pages for IT Pros (available on SharePoint).
Log in with the button below, or scroll down to see links for tools and resources IT Pros frequently reference.
IT Community Partnerships maintains the IT Pro Database and the Pages for IT Professionals SharePoint site.
UITS Tier 2 Support is also a close partner and helps maintain hundreds of public KB articles, as well as many other documents specifically aimed toward IT professionals at IU (see below).
Access to most of the following tools and resources is granted by default once you have been registered in the IT Pro Database (previously known as the LSP Database).
Some tools require additional authorization. Contact your IT manager to register and acquire additional authorization for certain tools. You will need to authenticate with each tool to gain access.
- Contact Tier 2: Email Tier 2 Support or see the KB (login required) for phone numbers for all the core areas of support and guidelines for submitting support requests
- Pages for IT Professionals: Access to the SharePoint site for IT Pros at IU
- Protected shared files (e.g. impact lists), discussion forums, IT Pro mailings, tech talks/infoshares, archived LSP online content
- IT Pro Database: Check access to tools, see registered departments
- Internal KB documents (login required): Content relevant to IT Professionals at IU (e.g. Support Request guidelines, RDS info, SMTP FAQ, MAS tool info, etc)
- Mailing lists
- Edcert through IT Training at IU
- Books 24x7: Full text of hundreds of books covering technology topics.
- On the page, cick the link next to "URL" to get to the login page for your campus.
- NOC: Indiana University Network Operations Center
- IU Address Book
- UISO/UIPO Tools & Software
- UISO/UIPO Security & Policy Topics for IT Professionals
- Microsoft Technical Security Notifications
- Featured Software for IT Pros on IUware: Windows, Mac, Linux
- IT Pro Product Keys: Obtain volume licensing and departmental keys
- Shield - ADS & Exchange Tools: The Account Management site for Active Directory, Exchange, Blackberry, and UniCom queries
- Access Management Support Tools: view user accounts, unlock passphrase self-service, or search a guest account. (Duo authentication required)
- MAS Tools: Tools for DNS and DHCP registration inquiries and mass-DHCP registrations
- UIPO Unblocker & Phishing report: UIPO unblocker site to unblock computers for your departments, check block status, and see recently reported phishing scams
- Superpass Utility: change passphrases for users in your registered departments
UITS Tier 2 Support
The UITS Support Center Tier 2 group primarily serves Indiana University's IT Professional community. They are an extension of the UITS Support Center that contains IT Professionals in four core areas:
- Accounts administration,
- Webmaster support
For technical support questions that rise above Tier 1 support issues, contact Tier 2 Support during normal business hours: 8am–5pm, Monday–Friday.
Outside of those hours, contact the UITS Support Center. If a Support Center consultant is unable to help you, they have the ability to create an incident and pass it to Tier 2, who will contact you the next business day.