In 2019, Indiana University will be implementing a replacement for our Procure to Pay (P2P) System that has been a long-standing module of our legacy Kuali Financial System (KFS). Branded as “Buy.IU”, this new system from Jaggaer will offer more robust procurement options, reduced cost through the elimination of duplication of software sourcing, and a refined and delightful user experience.
- Improved User Experience –Streamlined shopping & checkout provides a “two clicks and a buy” capability, Reviews past orders and favorites to provide suggested items, expediting the search process, Users have their default address, payment method and accounting codes assigned, requiring no additional action.
- Analytics & Decision Support Tools – Integrated dashboards and other reports that were not built-in earlier.
- Faster Turnaround – Purchasing has more tools and is now more streamlined in processing business requests.
- Pre-approved forms – Departments can access pre-approved forms instead of having to run it by Purchasing. There is less back and forth, and the overall process is more streamlined.
- Streamlined Supplier Onboarding – Suppliers can help onboard themselves online, and this will significantly reduce paperwork (faxes).
- More Catalog Suppliers – More suppliers are enabled for online shopping. Also, there are no more licensing related restrictions on the number of suppliers.
- Simplified Contract Request Process – Departments will have the ability to request contracts within the system. The overall routing & workflow is more accessible to track.
- Simplified roles, policies & procedures – Departments now initiate their purchasing order amendments instead of contacting Purchasing.
Buy.IU Training and Information
- Want to learn more? Join us for a webinar in Zoom at the times and dates listed below. All times are EST.
- Monday, March 11, 9-9:30 a.m.
- Tuesday, March 12, 9-9:30 a.m.
- Tuesday, March 12, 1:30-2 p.m.
- Wednesday, March 20, 1:30-2 p.m.
- Friday, March 22, 9-9:30 a.m.
- Friday, March 22, 1:30-2 p.m.
- Got Questions? firstname.lastname@example.org
About Chrome River
In early July, IU will be issuing a replacement to the existing travel and expense module. Known as Chrome River, the new system will be more intuitive, user focused, and mobile friendly. It will also streamline processes to reduce costs and improve efficiencies. This new system will be used for travel reimbursement as well as Meeting Card and P-Card reconciliation.
- Mobile-friendly technology
- A currency converter
- Easy access to travel reports and analytics
- Reconcile P-Card transactions at any time
- Drop-down menus of expense types
- Snap and send receipts
- No more pre-trip authorizations
Project Recharge Overview
Three Office of the Vice President & Chief Financial Officer systems are being upgraded or replaced to streamline applications, add functionality and improve user experience.
Kuali Financial System: KFS is being upgraded to the latest version, achieving a common code baseline with the company’s product. More details on the upgrade are available at Financial Management Services.
Travel and Expense System: This system will replace TEM, an IU customized KFS module, with an industry-leading solution.
Procure to Pay (P2P) System: Currently, IU uses several KFS functions, including requisitioning, purchase order, vendor, and accounts payable. IU also uses a third-party tool for catalog shopping. We're going to consolidate all of those into one convenient Procure to Pay system. There are several marketplace tools available that provide these functions, plus even more functionality, including sourcing, contract management, and analytics.