Technology for researchers
Do you need to analyze or visualize data? What about access supercomputing resources or cyberinfrastructure? It doesn't matter if you work in the arts, sciences, or somewhere in between, UITS Research Technologies (RT) offers a suite of services designed to enable new possibilities for the humanist and scientist alike.
It's easy to think that research technologies are designed for scientists, mathemeticians, and technologists, but RT's suite of services is not so limited in scope. It includes consulting and grant support, education and outreach, cyber-risk mitigation support, campus bridging, and HIPAA-aligned services.
The following is just a sampling of IU's advanced scholarly and artistic cyberinfrastructure:
- High-quality data storage services for fast access or large data sets (e.g., Research File System, Scholarly Data Archive)
- Supercomputers for fast calculations, advanced simulations, and big data analysis (e.g., Big Red II, Karst)
- Tools for analytics and big-data research
- Science gateways for supercomputers, massive storage, and shared workflows
- Visualization facilities and services to help understand advanced simulations and big data