FireForm was created by UITS staff, based on the needs of IU constituents. Development will be ongoing so faculty, staff, and students can contribute to enhancements that facilitate their business processes and further the goals of the University.
Other benefits of FireForm
- Departmental management: Multi-tenancy allows units and departments to determine how they want to organize the sharing of their forms and workflows by creating administrative instances of FireForm based on their needs.
- Role-based access: Departmental administrators of each FireForm instance are able to construct customizable roles based on the administrative access and privileges they want each person to have.
- Automation & data integration: Automate form and workflow functionality, and export or import data with a FireForm API or by incorporating an API of your own.
- Unlimited use: There is no limit to the number of forms & workflows you can create in your FireForm instance.
- Accessibility: In line with the goal to maintain inclusivity and accessibility across IU, FireForm is accessible to both administrators and end users.
- Responsive design: To facilitate the user experience for administration and form submission across devices and platforms, FireForm will adjust to the size of your browser or device.
- Security with flexibility: Data protection is available when needed via single sign-on (SSO), but SSO is optional to provide the ability to allow for anonymous form submissions or for submitters located outside IU. FireForm is approved for use with institutional data classifications, up to and including, Critical and *Protected Health Information (PHI).
- Support: Administrators and end-users can receive assistance during regular business hours, but FireForm system itself receives 24-hour monitoring and support.
*The FireForm service meets certain requirements established in the HIPAA Security Rule thereby enabling its use for work involving data that contain protected health information (PHI). However, using this system or service does not fulfill your legal responsibilities for protecting the privacy and security of data that contain PHI. You may use this system or service for work involving data that contain PHI only if you institute additional administrative, physical, and technical safeguards that complement those UITS already has in place. If you have questions about managing HIPAA-regulated data at IU, email email@example.com.