The most frequently asked questions about IT at IU.
Common IT questions
- For your personal IU Username, use this Reset tool.
- For Guest Accounts, use this Reset tool.
- For Group or Affiliate Accounts, only the account owner or sponsor may reset the passphrase.
- If your old Duo number is gone, or it is lost/broken, please call the Support Center.
- If you have a new phone with the same phone number for Duo and Duo Push fails, add your new device to Duo by using the "Call/Text" options.
- If you're getting a "Stale Request" or other loading error, switch to Firefox or Chrome browsers and clear your browser’s cache.
- Search Instructure Support for an array of topics: Students. Instructors.
- Students, staff, and faculty should connect to eduroam. Having trouble? Use the Eduroam Network Setup Tool.
- Guests on IU campuses should connect to the IU Guest Wi-Fi.
- Wireless devices must connect to IU PublicNet and be registered to function.
- Wired devices must be registered. Based on your residence hall, you must use either commercial or IU-proprietary Ethernet cables.
- Students, faculty, and staff can access IU-licensed software like Adobe and Microsoft at no extra cost.
CrimsonCard is the official photo ID card for all Indiana University campuses.