What Intelligent Infrastructure can do for you
Contact an expert to get started
Send a message to the Storage and Virtualization team.Email queues are monitored Monday-Friday 8am-5pm, and response times vary.
IU Intelligent Infrastructure (II), a suite of services from the Networks division at UITS, helps IU departments efficiently meet their operational needs through storage and virtualization. II has the services to support your most innovative applications. Working with II helps departments reduce the overall costs of their hardware to the university and improve the security of their data and IT assets. II is also committed to environmental sustainability and helping departments find energy-saving solutions.
Virtualization and storage services
Virtual server hosting
Virtual systems deliver the infrastructure and network capacity you need to host applications. Optional disk storage on the UITS enterprise-class storage area networks (SANs) ensures security and availability of your files.
- Virtualized server infrastructure (CPU, RAM, and hard disk)
- VMware's High Availability functionality
- Data Center Operations support and monitoring
- Network infrastructure to provide connectivity to the virtual server
Data protection services (DPS)
Intelligent Infrastructure uses Commvault's Backup and Recovery Suite to provide secure on-site and off-site storage for your backup data, preventing potential disasters. Backup data is stored within the two UITS hardened data centers for peace of mind.
II data protection services are offered at two levels:
- All disk backups: Provides full virtual machine (VM), allows clients to self-serve file recoveries, and provides a full VM disaster recovery process.
- OS disk backups: Includes disaster recovery protection for your OS disk volume, and full backups of the OS Disk run once weekly per VM. Backups are kept for four weeks.
Find the help you need
Search for information about any UITS service on the Knowledge Base.
Looking for an easy way to access IU apps and accounts? Search One.IU.edu.
Get help or general information about UITS services.