Benefits of OnBase at IU
OnBase makes it simple to digitize and manage your files, handle your workflow through multiple avenues, and store data securely. The EBPS team works with clients to analyze each department’s unique document management needs and configure OnBase to meet those needs.
- We work with clients on an individual basis, face-to-face
- Each EBPS team member analyzes their client's unique document management needs
- Every EBPS team member is capable of configuring OnBase for their client from first meet to rollout, and beyond
- Identify the document management needs you'd like to address or processes to improve.
- Learn more about OnBase at the IU Knowledge Base. *CAS login required
- Submit an OnBase Support Request form to contact the EBPS team to get started with OnBase. Use this any time you need to request support or ask a question.
Visit OnBase’s vendor, Hyland, for more training and resources.
OnBase offers tools, automation, and administrative support to manage content in one digital space, supporting the predominance of established document formats.
- Digitizes physical documents, including batch processing
- Imports digital files including email, PDF, and a wide range of other formats
- Automates predictable tasks
OnBase is a single platform that's accessible through many portals. Handle your dataflow from anywhere on nearly any device.
- Native Windows desktop client
- Windows web-based clients
- IUanyWare client for Mac and Windows
- Mobile app for iOS and Android
OnBase is approved for all data classifications, including Critical. And it runs on IU's world-class IT infrastructure.
- Data is securely stored in two IU Data Center locations for automatic failover
- Data at rest is encrypted, but accessible with standard IU ADS authentication
- Audit trail logs virtually all actions and any changes to documentation
- User access options allow privacy management within departments
Expert EBPS team members evaluate your current business processes and collaborate with you to tailor OnBase for your department's specific needs. Some of its many optional features include:
- Ability to set complex document retention rules
- Optical Character Recognition to capture metadata from scanned documents
- Integration of PeopleSoft, Microsoft Office, Outlook, and more
- Mobile photo upload to quickly import documents on the go
- Reporting tools to track processing and efficiency
Find the help you need
Have a question about email and technology accounts? We’re here to help.
Search for information about any UITS service on the Knowledge Base.
Looking for an easy way to access IU apps and accounts? Search One.IU.edu.
Get help or general information about UITS services.