IU eTexts is a teaching and learning initiative (created and managed by UITS) offering faculty the option to choose an outcome-optimized format for required class materials (digital texts, digital courseware, and other non-text-based digital learning tools).
The design of the initiative eliminates many of the early risks/barriers to academic success in a class. This benefit, along with the features of the e-reader (Engage), promotes engagement, academic success, and retention. Additionally, choosing to teach with IU eTexts reduces costs for students.
Benefits for instructors and students include:
- First day of class access in Canvas
- Bursar billing covered by all forms of financial aid and refund protection
- Engagement with students right in the text to help them develop good reading and studying habits
- Insight into students’ activity with their course materials with analytics
What is available:
- Stand-alone etexts
- Publisher courseware
- Course materials
- Open educational resources (OER)
- Faculty produced materials
- Customized publisher titles
- Select library holdings
Find the help you need
Self-enrolled Canvas resource/reference sites:
- For Faculty: IU eTexts: A Faculty and Staff Introduction
- For Students: The Student Guide to IU eTexts
Search for information about any UITS service on the Knowledge Base.
Looking for an easy way to access IU apps and accounts? Search One.IU.edu.
University-wide resources and communities of educators across IU
Manage grades, upload class materials, and connect with students.