Canvas for teaching
Delivering course content with Canvas
Canvas is a web-based learning management system used across IU. Every student in your course gets automatically enrolled in that course’s Canvas site. Using this tool strategically can help you keep students engaged and focused on what’s important in your course.
- Canvas module templates Designed by experienced online instructional designers, in partnership with the centers for teaching and learning, templates are a bundle of settings and instructional content that can help keep your course organized.
- Canvas pages Pages allow you to add text, pictures, and multimedia to your course.
- Accessibility Enable all your students to learn, and provide equal or equivalent access to course material.
- Quizzes Canvas quizzes are best for low-stakes assessments, and include automatically graded questions types (multiple choice) and manually graded questions (short answers and essays).
- Discussions Start discussion topics or encourage interactive communication through student-generated topics
- Course materials Incorporate course materials including textbooks, library resources, and more in Canvas.
- Facilitating group work Group work, whether it’s in person or remote, can be facilitated through Canvas.
Check these helpful guides for more information on Canvas.
Search for information about any UITS service on the Knowledge Base.
Looking for an easy way to access IU apps and accounts? Search One.IU.edu.
Get help or general information about UITS services.