Author and publish texts in multiple digital formats.
Use Pressbooks to:
- Assign student writing projects in Canvas
- Compose and publish eTexts for IU classes in collaboration with IU Press
- Deliver no-cost eTexts (including OER) for IU classes
- Build and compile collections of student work throughout a course
- Assign chapters to students or groups and deliver a text at the end of a course
See Pressbooks in action
For examples of a variety of ways to use Pressbooks, take a look at the following resources:
Features and benefits
|Enhance texts with video, embedded slides, links, and more||Enable interactivity not possible with a print textbook|
|Deliver low or no-cost content, including open educational resources (OER)||Allow texts to be downloaded for reading from a computer, mobile device, eReader (e.g. Kindle), or in print|
|Host texts in Canvas, on the web, or anywhere you make the exported files available||Work with collaborators such as editors, co-authors, and publishers to build content|
We used your IP address to guess your location. If we got it wrong, please change your campus here for local results.