Communicate with HD-quality video and audio for web conferencing, collaboration and recording.
Zoom to require passcodes or waiting rooms for all meetings beginning September 27
Starting September 27*, Zoom will require either a passcode (formerly referred to as passwords) or waiting room to be configured for all meetings.
As a default, Zoom will enable a waiting room for your meetings if a passcode has not been added or a waiting room hasn’t been set up in advance. If you’ve already enabled a passcode or waiting room, there will be no change to how you schedule meetings.
*This date has been updated from the original date of July 19th.
Zoom offers a number of features to help you safeguard your sessions. Find out how to set a password, control the screen, or create a waiting room to keep the intruders out.
Learn how to protect your meeting
Log in to access or create your IU Zoom account.
Visit the Zoom Download Center for the Zoom meeting client, Outlook integration and more.
Getting Started with Zoom
Features of Zoom
- High-quality HD video and audio
- High-quality video and audio support for up to 100 concurrent participants
- Large meeting support for up to 300 concurrent participants
- Easy-to-use tools for collaborating online with others, including sharing and co-annotation tools, breakout rooms, polling, and white-boarding
- Allows for high-quality recordings of meetings, and subsequent downloading of those recordings as MP4 files
- Automatic upload from Zoom cloud recordings to Kaltura
- A full-featured app for iOS and Android
NOTE: Cloud recording is disabled for Zoom Health accounts.
Upcoming Trainings on Zoom
Zoom User Training (Zoom)
Zoom Online Workshops (IT Training)
For additional workshops and consultations with Zoom, please contact your campus teaching and learning centers.