Health Technology Services
Indiana University has a broad health sciences community with many diverse technology needs. UITS Health Technology Services (HTS) provides specialized tech support, data management, application development, security and infrastructure to IU Health Sciences schools, affiliated organizations and healthcare partners.
HTS offers the following resources to address the specific technology needs of clinical affairs faculty, staff, and students.
- Client Experience: HTS delivers preeminent IT services and support for IU Health Sciences schools and affiliated organizations in Indianapolis, and around the state at IU Health Sciences Regional Campus locations, to ensure faculty, staff and students have access to reliable and innovative technologies that support and enhance teaching, learning, research and the delivery of patient care.
- Security Operations: HTS develops and oversees policies and practices designed to protect institutional data for the IU Health Sciences schools and affiliated organizations, preventing security-related vulnerabilities. HTS works collaboratively with colleagues at Indiana University, IU Health and other strategic partners to ensure IT alignment and implement shared strategies and approaches that safeguard data and mitigate risk.
- Data and Development: HTS leads the analysis and integration of data to establish a culture of data-informed decision making, enabling the IU Health Sciences schools and affiliated organizations to effectively collaborate and conduct their core missions, while measuring progress toward strategic goals. Working with key stakeholders, HTS champions efforts that assist in not only enabling secure access to the sizeable data resources that are available, but also in identifying the most pertinent systems, data and resources and utilizing them to return great value to the mission of the organization.
As part of a clinical partnership with the state’s largest health care system, the IU School of Medicine is a highly complex organization. The Office of Technology Affairs was created to meet the school’s robust IT needs.
Additionally, HTS works closely with IU Health Sciences schools and affiliated organizations, as well as multiple partner healthcare organizations, including:
- School of Dentistry
- School of Optometry
- School of Health and Human Sciences
- Richard M. Fairbanks School of Public Health at IUPUI
- Regenstrief Institute
- School of Nursing at Ft. Wayne
- School of Social Work at Ft. Wayne
- Clinical and Translational Sciences Institute (CTSI)
- Interprofessional Practice and Education Center
- Indiana University Health
- Eskenazi Health
- Richard L. Roudebush Veterans Administration Hospital
Contact your local HTS support technician directly or initiate the support process via one of the preferred methods below. HTS phone support is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
HTS Help Desk
*Each will create a Footprints ticket for tracking and resolution purposes.